Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Elvis


Elvis is the youngest of the group, the teenager, and boy does she act like a teenager! Half the time we call her chav!

She (yes she) is the only cat we didn't get from a rescue centre - we actually got her from the local Spar shop! The story goes like this............

Late one evening my husband and I decided to go down to the local shop to get a bottle of wine, simple enough you would think, however as we pulled up to the shop we noticed a young women standing just inside the shop with what looked like a very young baby bundled up in a jumper. I made some sort of comment to my husband about this and as we got closer we noticed it was a tiny kitten. When were were closer still I overheard the women saying that she didn't know what to do with this kitten as some women had thrown her out on the street. Well, it didn't take me a second to reply to that......"I'll have her" I literally bellowed! And with that my husband bought the wine, I picked up the kitten and off we went home!

When we got her home and into proper light we saw that the poor little thing was riddled with fleas and ear mites! She did look very pathetic I have to say. I could feel that she had a break in her tail but she wasn't in pain so this must have happened some time before and healed.

The next morning we took her to the vets, got her checked over, got the ear mites and fleas sorted and brought her home. Yes he had to totally de-flea the other cats and house! And thats how we came across Elvis!

Oh, we did originally call her Spar but I stupidly said to my husband who is an Elvis nut, "I'm surprised you didn't want to call her Elvis" - and that was that!

This below is the earliest photo we have of her - she does look thin and pathetic on this one.